Houston, TX 77084
The Horton “Deep Ocean Mining System” is designed to provide a controlled method for mining minerals in deepwater. The basis of the design is the modular frame. The mining frame is deployed from a catamaran support vessel designed to manage the frame and mining equipment as well as providing all service and maintenance. The mining frame can be deployed in a controlled grid for systematic excavation of the ore field. Key Features of the mining system:
- Ballasted modular frame
- Deployed as a complete unit or in individual components
- Components can be easily retrieved for repair and maintenance
- Two or more frames can be combined.
- Self-leveling frame base for varying topography
- Simple chain drive system can be powered by hydraulic or electric motor.
- Unique air/water riser ore lift system.
- Land based type mining tools adapted for subsea environments.
- GPS work over barge moves independent from the frame system
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-30605517-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);